Thursday, December 30, 2010

NFL Football Team-Owner New Year's Resolutions 2011


  New Year’s Resolutions: NFL Football Owners and Teams that need to make New Year’s Resolutions and Keep them

Every year people make their New Year’s resolutions and really try their best to keep them. Many are sincere and really try their best to follow through. Some just go along with the New Year’s Eve tradition because everyone else is doing it. 

A few will be successful and accomplish their goal. For the rest time passes by and one by one the resolution is forgotten or put aside from too much work or just a loss of interest.  Why is it that New Year’s Eve is about making a “resolution?” Why make resolutions that you know you cannot hold up to? 

As the 2010-2011 NFL Football Season has played out this year, there are NFL Teams that fit this type of misfortune. They say they will make changes to improve, but somehow end up the same or worse off than the year before. 

There are many types of New Year’s Resolutions that each NFL football team could make. A team may make a resolution to win more games, win the division, make the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. A Team Owner may make his resolution to sell out team NFL tickets, build a new stadium or have a winning team.

Here are some “New Year’s Resolutions” I would like to see from twelve NFL Teams for the 2011 New Year that need it the most.


  1. Buffalo Bills- I will draft a Real Quarterback and play him instead of letting him ride the bench behind another draft bust player or another team’s cast off we prefer instead of a rookie or paying for a quality QB. I will fix the defense against the run.
  2. Cincinnati Bengals- I will finally depart with Marvin Lewis and find a way to stop the cycle of win one year and lose the next year and making excuses for Carson Palmer.
  3. Dallas Cowboys- I will finally hire a GM (General Manager) and let MY (I mean the Team’s) Head Coach do his job MY (damn, I mean His) way.  I will not hire a Head Coach that is only a “hood-ornament”, but check my ego at the door. I will hire a FG/extra point kicker. I will replace the team’s secondary and fix the defense as a whole unit.
  4. Denver Broncos- I will never let a Head Coach ever trade away the best players we have again! (Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Peyton Hillis)
  5. Houston Texans- I will get a “Defense!”  All drafts picks and off-season moves for defense. I will hire a new Head Coach and defensive staff that teaches Defense
  6. Minnesota Vikings- I will Not go get Brett Favre back from his Mississippi farm next year. I will not take Favre back…I will not take Favre back…I will not take Favre back…..etc.
  7. NY Jets- I will not just say how good I am in the media; I will show how good I am on the field. I will not let a staff member trip any players on the field.
  8. Pittsburgh Steelers- I will keep a close eye on Ben Roethlisberger in the off-season. Ban him form parties with young women.
  9. San Diego Chargers- I will not wait until December to play my best football. I will play hard all 16 games.
  10.  San Francisco 49’ers- I will draft or acquire a Real quarterback (Kevin Kolb) for this team. I will not play the carousel QB switching game after game.
  11.  Tennessee Titans-I will not fire Head Coach Jeff Fisher so that Bud Adams can feel good about his protégé quarterback Vince Young. I will Draft a QB or acquire Kevin Kolb. 
  12. Washington Redskins- I will, oh wow…so much wrong! Owner, management, coaches, players, etc. I will start from scratch with this team. Rebuild from top to bottom.(Also see team resolution #3-Dallas Cowboys)


In many of the NFL cities it appears that NFL Owners and NFL players have become accustomed to muddling in mediocrity.  As long as the fans of NFL teams buy NFL tickets to the games and fill the stadium seats enough to make a profit for team, why should the Team owner change things? 

Every team owner and fan should desire for their NFL team to play at a higher level. Every team’s goal should be to win all games, not just enough to save their job for the next season. When is losing acceptable? When is doing just OK acceptable? 

NFL Tickets to the NFL games keep increasing every year. It has reached a point where the lower income and even some middle class families can only hope to watch their favorite NFL team on their television sets. Fans are expected by team owners to pay an over-priced game ticket to watch a NFL team give a sloppy effort on the field week after week or year after year. 

The NFL Fan base deserves more.


No comments:

Post a Comment